Something I´m loving about my 30/30 Birthday Challenge is how my openness to trying one new thing a day is taking me places I hadn´t imagined when I first came up with the idea. On some days my original plan of the new thing I was going to try has had a sort of domino effect, leading me to try several new things all in one day. On other days it´s led me to conversations that have left me reflecting, smiling, or in the case of today…creating a new challenge!
When one of my Facebook friends saw on my original 30/30 post that I hadn´t ever been able to complete my original plan of walking all of Alki like I´d planned to on day 4 she got in touch with me and asked if I´d like to go for the walk with her. And among several great topics that came up during this walk was that of ¨The Big Blog Exchange.¨
Hosteling International is hosting a worldwide competition amongst bloggers. After submitting your blog, people can vote for you in order to get you up to the top 25 in your region of the world. The top 25 bloggers in each region will pass on to the next round of the competition, and 16 blogs around the world will be chosen. But, for what exactly? Well, that´s the exciting part! The winners will switch destinations with another winner for a ten day trip that they´ll be blogging about. It doesn´t matter how new your blog is, what matters are the VOTES (by the way–voting closes Sept 3rd!)
So WHY exactly should you vote for me in ¨The Big Blog Exchange?¨
1. Nothing makes me feel more alive than writing. I´ve been keeping a journal since I was 8 years old. I´ve also had a blog for the past 6 years, but I am just becoming passionate about promoting it now. There´s nothing I like to blog about more than my travels.
2. I want to be able to reach out to expats and travelers around the world. What better way to do so than to meet more of them around the world? I´m great at making new friends!
3. I embrace new challenges. This is why I moved to Madrid despite never having lived outside of Seattle, WA (USA) before. When that wasn´t challenging enough, I started a master´s in psychology (in Spanish). And now I´m pursuing my PhD in Clinical Psychology.
4. This competition was made for someone like me. The prize isn´t a material posession. It´s an experience, which I always say are the best type of gifts to give. And the best part of all is that it´s the prize that keeps on giving because I´ll be able to share my experiences with people around the world.
5. Because wherever I go, stories just seem to fall in my lap. I´d love the chance to share some of these with you if I win the Big Blog Exchange.
So please vote (before September 3, 2014!!) and share this with your friends and help me to be one of the 2014 Big Blog Exchange winners! THANK YOU!!!